Friday, October 2, 2009
The recipe for all coffee and chocolate lovers
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1tsp baking powder
5 oz chocolate bar (pick you favorite chocolate)
1 cup butter
1/2 cup of coffee
pinch of salt
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1.Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease two 9in cake pans.
2. In a bowl sift the flour and baking powder.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate, butter, coffee, salt, sugar, stirring occasionally until the m0isture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in the eggs and vanilla, decrease the speed and beat in the flour.
5. Pour into the prepared pans.
6. BAKE for 25-30 minutes until you insert a skewer or toothpick and it comes out with a few crumbs. DO NOT OVERBAKE or the cake will be too dry.
---Reporting Chef Sweet Cheeks
Posted by Chef Sweet Cheeks at 11:04 AM